ENFIELD SENIOR CENTER
As a focal point for aging services, the Enfield Senior Center provides social, educational, and recreational opportunities to enrich the mind, body and spirit of older adults in an open and accepting atmosphere.
Enfield Senior Center
Now open by Appointment and Reservation ONLY
ENFIELD SENIOR CENTER REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Registration for December in-person and virtual fitness and arts & crafts classes will begin on Tuesday, November 17, starting at 8:30 am for residents and Tuesday, November 24, starting at 8:30 am for non-residents. Pre-registration will be required for all programs. There will be no drop-in programs. For those who miss the initial registration dates, call the Enfield Senior Center at 860-763-7425 to make an appointment to register.
Please click the link below to view all the registration procedures:
Registration and COVID-19 consent forms :
Registration Form <--- Click Here
COVID-19 Consent Form <--- Click Here
Senior Center Fitness Classes
Senior Center Arts and Craft Classes
Holiday Movie Festival - December (Movies run from 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm)
Mini Craft Fair
Having a hard time gift shopping this holiday season?
Call the Enfield Senior Center at 860-763-7245 to reserve a spot to shop our craft fair. We have great hand-crafted gifts for everyone in the family! The Craft Fair is only running from December 1st - December 4th and spots can be reserved from 9:00am - 3:00pm in 45 minute slots.
FREE Diabetes Education Classes!
Do you have diabetes and want to improve your blood sugar control? Register for upcoming VIRTUAL (via Zoom) classes offered by your Big Y Pharmacist! For more information and to sign-up, contact: Donna Dwarska at 413-504-4491or email@example.com
AARP Connecticut Events
Virtual Coffee Hour
Every Thursday from 9:30 -10:30 am
Just a chance to socialize and connect each week.
How to attend the chat:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 860-763-7425
Send us a message in Facebook messenger
We will send you the Zoom meeting link and password that Thursday, after you contact us that you would like to participate.
The following services are available via phone and are free 15-minute consultations from 10:00 to 11:45 am. Call the Senior Center at 860-763-7425 to schedule an appointment.
Ask the Lawyer: January 27th, 2021
Ask the Realtor: Open availability. Call 860-593-4248 to set up appointment.
Legal Consultation: December 15th, 2020
Ask The CPA: Open availability. Call 860-741-3716 to set up appointment.
Registration Link: https://cthealthyliving.org/events/statewide-senior-center-holiday-bash/
PRIME FITNESS CENTER
Health and Wellness
PRIME Fitness Re-opening Update
The Enfield Senior Center is excited to announce that it will re-open the Prime Fitness Center starting Monday, October 5, 2020.
To meet the new State guidelines there have been a few changes to the Fitness Center:
• The Fitness Center has been expanded into the adjacent Multipurpose Room to provide 6 foot spacing between machines.
• All participants must wear a mask during their visit including while they workout.
• Members will be required to clean the machines after each use.
• Staff will perform general cleaning during the day as time permits.
• A staff member will be on duty while the Fitness Center is open.
• Members will enter through the external door marked Entrance to the Fitness Center and exit through the opposite external door marked Exit. Members will not be admitted to the Fitness Center from the main portion of the Senior Center.
• Congregating will not be permitted while entering, exiting, or using the Fitness Center.
• Chairs will be available outside for members to change shoes prior to entering the Fitness Center. The lockers are no longer available for use.
• Participants must be a current member. New memberships will not be taken at this time due to limited hours.
Workout times and reservations:
• The Fitness Center will be open 8:00am-11:50am and 1:00pm-3:50pm.
• Visits will be by appointment only. Members may make a reservation for a 50-Minute session.
• Session times:
o 12:00-1:00pm Closed for lunch and cleaning
• Reservations can be made on Friday mornings from 9:30-11:30am for the following week.
• To make a reservation, call the Fitness Center at 860-272-3554.
• Reservations will be limited to 10 members per session.
• Reservations for the week of October 13-16, 2020 will be accepted starting on Friday, October 9th from 9:30-11:30am by calling the Fitness Center.
• The Senior Center reserves the right to restrict use of the reservation system for parties who chronically reserve spots and then do not show up during their scheduled session.
Enfield Senior Center COVID Procedures – Prime Fitness Center
• If you or anyone in your household does not feel well for ANY REASON, please do not visit the Fitness Center.
• Please notify us if anyone who visited the Fitness Center or someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19 on the day of your visit or in the 14 days immediately following your visit.
• The front doors to the Senior Center will remain locked. Participants will be asked to check in with program staff at the outside entrance to the Fitness Center. Check-in will begin no sooner than 5 minutes prior to start time.
• Upon arrival, a visual and verbal health screening will be conducted by program staff.
• Everyone must sanitize their hands when entering the Fitness Center.
• Please keep socially distanced with other participants while waiting in line to enter and during your visit.
• Everyone must wear a face mask throughout your visit to the Fitness Center including while you work out.
• Participants will be asked to stay in the expanded Fitness Center area except for the use of the adjacent restroom.
• No food or drink, except water bottles, will be allowed during your visit. Please bring your own water bottle full to the center since the water fountains will not be in use.
• Participants should bring all belongs with them when they leave.
• Participants are asked to leave once the session is complete. Congregating will not be allowed.
• Program staff will be following enhanced cleaning protocols.
• Procedures are subject to change based on new local, State or Federal guidelines. We will communicate any changes via email.
Online Health and Wellness
Silver Sneakers: www.facebook.com/silversneakers