Enfield Senior Center
299 Elm Street, Enfield, CT 06082
News Release for the Week of September 22, 2014
The Live Well Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is an evidence-based program created at Stanford University that includes six weekly workshops. Learn how to deal with frustration, fatigue and pain, and learn exercise to improve strength and flexibility. This workshop is for anyone who has any type of chronic condition, such as diabetes, arthritis, lung disease, depression/anxiety, hypertension and more. Graduates report fewer symptoms, fewer doctor visits and fewer ER visits. Please register by calling the Senior Center office. There is no fee for this series. Live Well will be held on Thursdays beginning October 9 from 9 to 11:30 a.m.
AARP Tax-Aide needs your skills. Volunteers prepare tax returns, greet program users and ensure that things run smoothly. Sign up to train for the 2015 tax season at aarp.org/taxvolunteer.
Hand, Knee, and Foot is a new card game. If you know Hand and Foot, it is a little bit different, but easy to learn. There will be volunteers to teach you. Join us on Mondays from 1:30 to 5 p.m.
It’s dance night at the Enfield Senior Center featuring local band, FullKrew. Last time this band played, the dance floor was full all night. Join us on Friday, September 26 at 6 p.m. Have a hot dog before the concert and dessert at the break for $7 per person.
Interested in Pickleball? Attend an organizational meeting at the Enfield Senior Center on Monday, September 22 at 10 a.m. if you are interested.
A new bereavement support series is beginning at the Enfield Senior Center facilitated by Home & Community Health Services. Please call 860-763-7600 for more information and to register.
Landmark at Monastery Heights in West Springfield is sponsoring a free Mindful Meditation class on Monday, September 22 at 9:30 a.m. at the Enfield Senior Center. Learn a gentle way to relieve tension and stress through guided imagery. Please call to reserve a spot in this complementary class.
· Enfield Housing Authority Housing Options – Wednesday, September 24 at 1 p.m.
· Eye Care Bingo – Wednesday, October 1 at 1 p.m.
· Prepare Not Panic – Thursday, October 2 at 6 p.m. Learn how to prepare for emergencies that could occur from weather or non-weather events.
· Independent Living vs. Assisted Living – Wednesday, October 8 at 1 p.m.
Trip flyers are available on our website at www.enfield-ct.gov/seniors or can be picked up at the Senior Center.
Day trips are available for sale on or after the trip sign-up date.
· Vermont, Green Mountain Flyer, October 9, 2014. This trip is sold out!
· Salem, MA, October 21, 2014, Cost: $87 pp.
· The Lettermen at the Garde Arts Center, November 12, 2014. Cost: $88 pp.
Reservations are being accepted for this 2-day trip.
· Victorian Streetwalk in Saratoga, December 4-5, 2014. Cost: $307 pp/dbl.
Reservations are being accepted for multi-day adventures.
· Hawaii Cruise, January 22-February 1, 2015. Contact 860-763-7427 for pricing and availability.
· Springtime Tulip River Cruise, Belgium & the Netherlands, April 10 – 18, 2015. Contact 860-763-7427 for pricing and availability.
· Alaska Inside Passage Cruise, May 6 – 16, 2015. Cost: $2489 pp/inside stateroom/dbl.
Meal reservations can be made by calling 860-763-7428. I can be reached at email@example.com, as well. We look forward to hearing from you.