Enfield Senior Center
299 Elm Street, Enfield, CT 06082
News Release for the Week of March 10, 2014
We have many classes to help you express yourself creatively. Maybe you would like to learn how to make a basket or try card making. We have upcoming jewelry classes and a Mosaic Garden Ornament made out of a bowling ball. If you prefer writing, we have a poetry workshop and a journaling group. Explore all of the creative arts programs in our newsletter, available at the Senior Center or online at www.enfield-ct.gov/seniors.
Pizza Movie Night, on Thursday, March 20, at 5 p.m., features the comedy, “Last Vegas”. Tickets are on sale in the Senior Center office for $5 per person with pizza and soda. You can purchase a ticket at the door for the movie only for $2. Movie begins at 6 p.m.
The Polish Conversation Group is held at the Senior Center every third Thursday of the month. This month, join the group on Thursday, March 20 at 2 p.m. Sophie Krzys facilitates this welcoming meeting.
Stop by on Wednesday, March 26, from 12 to 2 p.m., in the front lobby, for Ask the Pharmacist. Ramy Mahrous, a pharmacist at Able Pharmacy, will be at the Senior Center to answer any questions you have. Bring your current medications, if you like, and he will offer suggestions about the combination of medications.
The Pearl Street Library is celebrating its 100th Anniversary. It is our honor to host one of the many events scheduled to commemorate this event on Thursday, March 27 at 6:30 p.m. Edwardian Lady, Kandie Carle, will dress before your eyes in period costume while sharing the customs of the time. There is no charge for this event and all ages are welcome.
Get out your dancing shoes for Baby Boomer Night with fantastic local band, Usual Suspects on Friday, March 28 at 6 p.m. The evening includes a hot dog and chips, dessert and coffee at the break, classic rock, great music, great vocals, and lots of dancing. Tickets are $7 per person and are on sale in the Senior Center office.
We’re off to the races! Join us for a summer time trip to the Adirondacks and Saratoga Races on August 5–7, 2014. During this 3-day trip you’ll visit the New York State Museum filled with New York historic treasures, enjoy a delightful sunset dinner cruise on the Steamship Lac du St. Sacrement on Lake George, and explore the beautiful views of the Adirondack Mountains from your domed car on the Saratoga and North Creek Railway. Enjoy thoroughbred racing from your grandstand seat and cheer on your favorite horse at the famous Saratoga Track. Price: $515 pp/dbl. Reservations are being accepted at the Senior Center front desk.
· Gateway to Home – Wednesday, March 12 at 1 p.m. Learn about changes in the healthcare system, levels of care, and transitioning home.
· Maximizing Your Social Security Benefits – Thursday, March 13 at 6 p.m.
· Hearing Loss – Wednesday, March 19 at 1 p.m.
· Your Journey to Better Heart Health – Wednesday, March 26 at 1 p.m
Trip flyers are available on our website at www.enfield-ct.gov/seniors or can be picked up at the Senior Center.
Day trips are available for sale on or after the trip sign-up date.
· The Dublin City Ramblers at Foxwoods, March 19, 2014. Cost: $73 pp.
· Harlem & the Apollo Theatre, May 20, 2014. Cost: $107 pp. Sign-up date is March 21, 2014, 10 a.m., Senior Center Dining Room.
· The Magic of Motown at Foxwoods, May 21, 2014. Cost: $62 pp. Sign-up date is March 28, 2014, 10 a.m., Senior Center Dining Room.
· Essex Steam Train & Riverboat Cruise on the CT. River, June 25, 2014. Cost: $90 pp. Sign-up date is April 11, 2014, 10 a.m., Senior Center Dining Room.
· Lobster Bash at Amarante’s Sea Cliff Restaurant and an Elvis Show, July 16, 2014. Cost: $84 pp. Sign-up date is April 25, 2014, 10 a.m., Senior Center Dining Room.
Reservations are being accepted for 3-day trips.
· Niagara Falls, the Finger Lakes, Canada, May 28-30, 2014. Cost: $479 pp/dbl.
· Pennsylvania &“MOSES”, June 9-11, 2014. Cost: $443 pp/dbl.
· “Vermont Explorer”, July 9–11, 2014, Cost: $489 pp/dbl.
· Saratoga Races & the Adirondacks, August 5–7, 2014. Cost: $515 pp/dbl.
· Maine Coast & Acadia National Park, September 9-11, 2014. Cost: $485 pp/dbl.
Reservations are being accepted for multi-day adventures.
· 7-Day Myrtle Beach, Charleston, SC, September 27 – October 3, 2014. Cost $949 pp/dbl.
· Ireland, October 1–8, 2014. Cost: $2499 pp/dbl.
· Hawaii Cruise, January 22-February 1, 2015. Cost: $4199 pp/inside cabin/dbl.
Meal reservations can be made by calling 860-763-7428. I can be reached at email@example.com, as well. We look forward to hearing from you.