Enfield Senior Center
299 Elm Street, Enfield, CT 06082
News Release for the Week of August 18, 2014
Deana Martin visited the Enfield Senior Center two weeks ago and brought back many memories of her father and his friends through the stories she told. She sent a note that said, “Thank you for a wonderful afternoon. Love Deana Martin and John Griffith.” And with the note, she sent all of her signed CDs, her father’s music CDs, and boxed sets of DVDs of Dean Martin Roasts and Dean Martin Variety Show. We will need to plan a Dean Martin Movie Marathon very soon. The background music will be great also. What a lovely gesture from a lovely lady.
If you love to dance, we have a band for you! Rock Solid Alibi appears at the Enfield Senior Center on Friday, August 22 at 6 p.m. Three of the members of this band play with the Nifty Fifties Band. Get ready to rock’n’roll with this fun dance band. Have a slice of pizza before the band starts and then dessert at the break. Tickets are on sale in the Senior Center office for $7 per person.
Registration for Enfield residents has begun and on Tuesday, August 19 at 8:30 a.m., non-residents may register for fall classes.
The movie “Enough Said” with James Gandolfini and Julia Louis-Dreyfus will be shown on Thursday, August 21. Dinner is Chinese buffet and it is served at 5 p.m. Tickets for the meal should be purchased in advance for $5. If you are only coming to the movie, it is $2 per person that evening. The movie will be shown at 6 p.m.
The Ellington Senior Center, located at 40 Maple Street, has invited dancers from the area to enjoy the afternoon at their new Senior Center. On Monday, August 25 at 1 p.m., Richie Mitnick will be playing the music. Admission is $3 at the door and it includes refreshments.
Enfield TRIAD and Emergency Service Providers in Enfield will host a seminar at the Enfield Fire Department at 199 Weymouth Road on Thursday, September 4 at 10 a.m. Prepare Not Panic will show you how to prepare for emergencies that could occur from weather and non-weather events. Light refreshments will be provided.
· Home Security – Wednesday, August 20 at 1 p.m.
· Advance Directives – Wednesday, August 27 at 1 p.m.
· Caring for Your Aging Parents – Thursday, September 11 at 6 p.m.
Trip flyers are available on our website at www.enfield-ct.gov/seniors or can be picked up at the Senior Center.
Day trips are available for sale on or after the trip sign-up date.
· Yakov at Fox Theatre, Foxwoods Casino, September 17, 2014. Cost: $70 pp.
· Vermont, Green Mountain Flyer, October 9, 2014. Cost: $112 pp.
· Salem, MA, October 21, 2014, Cost: $87 pp. Sign-up date is August 22, 2014, 10 a.m., Senior Center Dining Room.
· The Lettermen at the Garde Arts Center, November 12, 2014. Cost: $88 pp. Sign-up date is September 5, 2014, 10 a.m., Senior Center Dining Room.
Reservations are being accepted for this 2-day trip.
· Victorian Streetwalk in Saratoga, December 4-5, 2014. Cost: $307 pp/dbl.
Reservations are being accepted for multi-day adventures.
· Hawaii Cruise, January 22-February 1, 2015. Contact 860-763-7427 for pricing.
· Springtime Tulip River Cruise, Belgium & the Netherlands, April 10 – 18, 2015. Cost: $3899 pp, lower outside cabin.
· Alaska Inside Passage Cruise, May 6 – 16, 2015. Cost: $2489 pp/inside stateroom/dbl.
Meal reservations can be made by calling 860-763-7428. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, as well. We look forward to hearing from you.