NOTICE OF ACTION
ENFIELD ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2005 – 7:00 P.M.
ENFIELD TOWN HALL – COUNCIL CHAMBERS
820 ENFIELD STREET – ENFIELD, CT
THE MEETING WILL ADJOURN AT 9:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER – Chairman Peter Yarum called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2. ROLL CALL – Present were Chairman Peter Yarum and Board Members Edward Furey, John Rinaldi, Elizabeth Ballard, Alternate, and David Alexander, Alternate.
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 31, 2005 – Mr. Furey made a motion, seconded by Mr. Alexander, to approve the Minutes of October 31, 2005. The Minutes were approved by a unanimous vote.
4. CORRESPONDENCE/STAFF REPORT
5. NEW BUSINESS – NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
SUITABILITY OF LOCATION [new or used car sales, general repairer license, limited repairer license, gasoline service stations]
6. NEW BUSINESS – PUBLIC HEARING(S)/PROCEDURAL & POLICY STATEMENTS BY CHAIRMAN (Legal Notices for the following public hearings were published in the Journal Inquirer on Monday, November 14, 2005 and Monday, November 21, 2005).
VARIANCES – NEW
READING OF THE LEGAL NOTICE
ZBA 2005-11-01 – Carl Nelson, Applicant, and Estate of R. M. Alaimo, Owner, Property known as Map 26/Lot 58, D’Annunzio Avenue, R-33 Zone, requesting front yard setback and coverage variances for the construction of a new dwelling – EZO Section 4.10.2H. – This public hearing was closed.
Mr. Rinaldi made a motion, seconded by Mr. Furey, to approve the request for a coverage variance of 2.7%, 0.0% existing, 22.7% proposed, 20% allowed, and two front yard setback variances – one for 14.5’, 0.0’ existing, 10.5’ proposed, 35’ required, and one for 10’, 0.0’ existing, 25’ proposed, 35’ required, all to construct a single-family residence – EZO Section 4.10.2H.
Reference is made to site plan titled “Plot Plan, Lot 6, D’Annunzio Avenue, prepared for Carl Nelson, Enfield, CT 06082, (and dated) 10-5-05”, showing existing and proposed conditions as submitted for this application, and to all documentation and discussion under ZBA 2005-11-01.
A condition of this approval is that the final map submitted to the Town of Enfield shall include the easement – Permanent Easement Volume 803, Page 0010.
The motion was approved by a 5 – 0 – 0 vote.
READING OF THE LEGAL NOTICE
ZBA 2005-11-02 – Michael and Janene Bernier, Applicants and Owners, 150 Bernardino Avenue, Map 35/Lot 227, R-33 Zone, requesting front yard, side yard and coverage variances for a residence conversion from 3-family to 4-family – EZO Section 4.10.2H. – This public hearing was closed.
Mr. Alexander made a motion, seconded by Mr. Rinaldi, to approve the request for the following variances:
1. A coverage variance of 3.4%, 28.4% proposed, 25% allowed – EZO Section 4.30.7B.
2. Front yard setback variances ranging from 38’ to 10’, all as specifically noted and limited on the submitted site plan named below, and;
3. A side yard setback variance of 4.8’, 5.2’ existing, 5.2’ proposed, 10’ required. – EZO Section 4.10.2H.
Reference is made to site plan titled “Boundary Map, 150 Bernardino Avenue, prepared for Michael Bernier, Enfield, CONN, (and dated) 4-8-05, Rev. 11-3-05”, showing existing and proposed conditions as submitted for this application, and to all documentation and discussion under ZBA 2005-11-01.
7. ADJOURNMENT – Mr. Furey made a motion, seconded by Mr. Rinaldi, to adjourn. Following a unanimous vote, the Board adjourned at 8:00 p.m.