NOTICE OF ACTION
ENFIELD ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, APRIL 30, 2012
ENFIELD TOWN HALL – COUNCIL CHAMBERS
820 ENFIELD STREET – ENFIELD, CT
1. CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by Chairman Peter Yarum at 7:00 p.m.
2. ROLL CALL: Present were: Chairman Peter Yarum and Board members Alaimo (alternate), Bailey Brislin (alternate), LaRosa, Mastroberti, Turner, and Urbanowicz. Also present were Virginia Higley, Zoning Enforcement Officer, and Ellen Smith, Recording Secretary.
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION TO DISCUSS PENDING LITIGATION: (Thompsonville Room).
4. FIRE EVACUATION NOTICE: Chairman Yarum read the fire evacuation instructions.
5. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6. PUBLIC HEARING(S)/PROCEDURAL & POLICY STATEMENTS BY CHAIRMAN
7. READING OF LEGAL NOTICE(S)
8. NEW BUSINESS
ZBA 2012-4-01 – Richard Venariaro, Applicant/Mary Ann M. Mazza, Owner, 233 Abbe Road, Map 86, Lot 033, BL zone, requesting a 14 ft. modification of front yard setback to construct an addition in an R-44 zone, EZO Section 4.10.2H: A motion was made by Mr. LaRosa seconded by Ms. Turner to approve ZBA 2012-4-01. Vote was 0-5-0. Reason for denial without prejudice was hardship not established.
ZBA 2012-04-02 – Gary T. Williams, Applicant/Amy E. Difazio, Owner, 14 Cranbrook Blvd., Map 56, Lot 033, BL zone, requesting two variances – first for uses in BL Districts and second for separation of uses to allow Mad Hatter business to move from 10 to 14 Cranbrook blvd. EZO Sections 5.20 & 5.30.2A: A motion was made by Mr. LaRosa and seconded by Ms. Turner to approve ZBA 2012-04-02. Vote was 5-0-0. Reason for approval is abutting district is in correct district and uses are the same and similar.
9. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – MARCH 26, 2012 Regular Meeting
A motion was made by Mr. LaRosa and seconded by Ms. Turner to approve the minutes of the meeting of March 26, 2012. Vote was 5-0-0.
10. CORRESPONDENCE/STAFF REPORT – A report was given by Mrs. Higley.
11. OTHER BUSINESS
12. ADJOURNMENT: A motion was made by Mr. LaRosa and seconded by Ms. Turner to adjourn the meeting at 8:40 p.m. The vote was 5-0-0.