Enfield Economic Development Commission
Minutes of Regular Meeting
Friday, September 11, 2009
The regular meeting of the Enfield Economic Development Commission was held on Friday, September 11, 2009 in the Enfield Room at Town Hall. Members present included John Gual, Ralph Cerrato, Joanne Parlante, David Farnan, Martha McLeod, Kiran Majmudar, and Ray Warren, Director of Development Services. Also in attendance were Peter Bryanton, Community Development Director and Darrin LaMore, Chairman of the Enfield Revitalization Committee. The meeting started at .
Mr. Warren introduced the recently appointed member of the Commission, David Farnan.
Warren then introduced Peter Bryanton and Darrin LaMore to the Commission. LaMore proceeded to give a slide presentation on the current status of the Thompsonville Transit Center.
A question and answer period followed the presentation.
Warren noted that his duties have expanded to include a wider range of activities. He added that Bryanton has a full portfolio of projects and he is making excellent progress, especially with the Transit Center including final approval and funding of the local share. Warren reported on the following:
- 5-Guys Burgers site work nearly complete
- Hartford Hospital having ground breaking on September 30th
- Eppendorf will build silos on the side of their building. They’ve converted vacant space and expanding its assembly operation.
- NU is helping develop MetroNorth property and is having a "familiarization" event for area brokers.
- Work is on-going to improve the process for plan submission and review in the Planning Department.
The minutes of April 17 were approved 4-0. The minutes of May 8 were approved 4-0.
The minutes of July 17th were tabled.