Assistant Director of Public Works
40 Moody Road, Enfield, CT 06082
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7 AM to 3:30 PM
Routine: (860) 763-7561 Fax: (860) 763-7401
Enfield Town Wide Street Sweeping
- Street sweeping will begin Monday April 1st and should be completed by Monday June 10th weather permitting. Street sweeping will begin on the north side of town starting in the lake areas.
- The downtown area from Sanford to N. Main is scheduled to be swept from Monday, April 29th through Friday, May 3rd.
- The downtown area from N. Main to Franklin is scheduled to be swept from Monday, May 6th through Friday, May 10th.
- To make this effort as efficient as possible, we ask residents to avoid on street parking from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. when DPW crews are sweeping in your area. For updates on the schedule and locations of crews, please check the DPW home page on the Town’s web site at: http://www.enfield-ct.gov/content/91/169/default.aspx or call 860-763-7561 from 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
The Highway division is responsible for maintaining approximately 180 miles of town owned roadway. The Highway division responsibilities include maintenance/repair of the town owned drainage system, maintenance of town owned traffic signals, catch basin cleaning/repairs, road repairs, pothole filling as well as traffic and street name signage installation.
- In the Spring, typically around the 3rd week of April, the Highway Division contracts with street sweeping vendors to begin town wide street sweeping. The completion date of sweeping is targeted for the middle of May, weather permitting.
- During the Winter months, the Highway division is responsible for the snow and ice control on all town roads, accomplished utilizing town owned equipment and personnel as well as through contracted services.
If you need to report a problem or have a concern please call the Highway Division, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and are available for emergency calls after hours through the Enfield Police Department at (860) 763-6400.
||Assistant Director of Public Works