TRAFFIC GUIDE FOR THE ENFIELD FOURTH OF JULY CELEBRATION-Road Race/Parade- July 6, 2019
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
9:55 AM 26.2 Brew Road Race Closures Begin
- Route 5 will close to ALL TRAFFIC between South Road and Belmont/Alden Ave (officers may allow small amounts of traffic onto Route 5 until the road race reaches this roadway)
- Pearl Street/North Main Street will close to ALL TRAFFIC between Elm Street and Green Valley Drive (Pearl Street will re-open when the road race is on Route 5)
- NO TRAFFIC will be allowed Off Route 190 to either Pearl Street or Route 5-ramps will be closed
- Elm Street will close between Summer St and Route 5-allowing local traffic only.
10:00 AM 26.2 Brew Road Race Begins
- The above road closures will remain in effect
- IN ADDITION-South Road will be closed to west bound traffic between Phoenix Ave and Route 5 AND Route 5 will close between Post Office Road and South Road
- Roadways behind the last runner will temporarily re-open until the parade-at which time Route 5 will re-close
10:45 AM Parade Roadway Closures Begins
- Route 5 will be closed to ALL TRAFFIC between Belmont/Alden Avenue and Post Office Road
- Elm Street will be closed between Summer St and Route 5, allowing local traffic only
- Route 190 access ramp to Route 5 will be closed to ALL TRAFFIC
- 11:00 AM Parade Begins- Above roadways closed until completion of parade
TRAFFIC GUIDE FOR THE ENFIELD FOURTH OF JULY CELEBRATION-FIREWORKS
July 7, 2019
*We encourage those not attending the fireworks to avoid the area as you will encounter heavy congestion
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
- Route 5 will close to ALL TRAFFIC between Enfield Avenue and Park Street-NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Elm Street will close to ALL TRAFFIC between I-91 north and Route 5
- Local traffic only will be allowed at the following locations
- Northbound on Route 5 between Frew Terrace and Enfield Avenue
- Southbound on Route 5 between Brainard Road and Park Street
- Westbound on Elm Street between I-91 north and Summer St (All westbound traffic on Elm Street will be forced onto I-91 north)
10:10 PM (conclusion of fireworks)
- The above road closures will open-EXCEPT that all westbound traffic on Elm Street will continue to be routed onto I-91 north, and all east bound traffic on Elm Street will be forced onto I-91 south. Officers will be positioned at numerous intersections to help traffic flow out of this area
- NO LEFT TURNS in this area to keep traffic flowing as quickly as possible-There will be no exceptions. Please plan your exit in advance, utilizing only right hand turns.
- In previous years, this traffic plan has enabled traffic to completely clear the area in 45 minutes to 1 hour.
As you know, the Enfield July 4 Celebration is slated to occur from July 5 through July 7, 2019. In years past your police department has recognized that things are congested during this festival. On-street parking becomes a problem when vehicles line both sides of the road, narrowing the roadway and in some cases restricting emergency access. We would like to give you advance notice that the Enfield Police Department will be taking measures to enhance safety in this area, to ensure that emergency vehicles can access your neighborhoods. This year, one side of the roadway will be marked “no parking” on the following roadways, from Friday, July 5 through Monday, July 8, 2019:
-Alden Avenue -Lincoln Street -North Main Street
-High Street -Enfield Avenue -D’Annunzio Avenue
-Summer Street -Park Avenue -Belmont Avenue
Please note that officers will be enforcing violations of these signs when able, and may even tow vehicles if necessary. Please use this advanced notice to plan your weekend parking needs.