The Blight Review Committee (BRC) is hereby established to:
1. Review property owners’ requests to reduce or waive unpaid accrued fines;
2. Decide the appropriate enforcement action(s) regarding collection of unpaid fines and remediation of violations;
3. Reduce or waive fines and make recommendations to the Town Council regarding judicial enforcement actions. Duties of the Committee: 1. Develop a procedure, including preliminary staff comments, for reviewing requests for waivers or reductions of fines;
2. Establish objective criteria for granting waivers or reductions, including, but not necessarily limited to: age of the property owner; health and/or disability related issues; economic limitations; proposals for sale; or compliance status of the property;
3. After consultation with the Town Council, establish a maximum amount of waiver or reduction that BRC is authorized to approve; and, 4. Review enforcement options and determine remediation actions; including, but not necessarily limited to, use of the clean & lien program, referrals to the State’s Attorney for Housing Matters, recommendations to the Town Council as to the filing of a civil suit or foreclosure action.
Membership: Five members appointed by the Town Council: three of whom shall be residents of the Town of Enfield and, two of whom shall be Enfield Town Councilors, one Democrat and one Republican.