Enfield Community Garden
Welcome to the Enfield Community Gardens!
Thank you for joining us, we are very excited to have you become a part of our community gardens this season! We recently expanded our gardens and are happy to now offer 6 different locations.
- Thomsponville Community Garden (Main Street)
- Lamagna Community Garden (2 Chapel Street)
Enfield Library Community Garden (104 Middle Road)SOLD OUT
- Lafayette Park Community Garden (Hartford Avenue)
- Green Manor Park Community Garden (Taylor Road)
- Enfield Memorial Park Community Garden (1010 Enfield St., former Alcorn School)
As a result of the community garden expansion, the Town is conducting a crowdfunding campaign through the Sustainable CT Community Match Fund Program. For every $25 donated to the campaign, you will be eligible to receive a garden bed. Donate here: www.Patronicity.com/enfieldcommunitygardens. The campaign will run from February 23, 2021 through April 23, 2021.
Approximately 10 to 49 garden beds will be communal beds at the above community garden locations to be tended by members or to be made available to families in need through Loaves and Fishes.
Raised garden beds will be filled with new garden soil. All tools in the shed, directions and information will be provided. To get you started with a bed rental, please review the Rules and Procedures and sign the attached Bed Rental Agreement and Waiver of Liability. Please note which community garden you want to rent.
The summer rental fee is only $25.00 for each raised garden bed. This rental fee includes use of tools, seeds, starter plants, compost, water, educational sessions, and videos, and a caring community. This is truly an amazing opportunity.
Mail your garden bed lease agreement and a check or money order (make check payable to Town of Enfield - Community Garden Plot) to: Enfield Community Garden-Lease Agreement, Laurie Whitten, Director, Development Services, Town of Enfield, 820 Enfield Street, Enfield, CT 06082 or bring you garden bed lease agreement and a check or money order to Development Services at the Town Hall.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 860-253-6385.
To learn more about gardening, please watch the videos below by UConn Advanced Master Gardner, Trish Safner.
Thank you and happy gardening,
Laurie Whitten, Director, Development Services, Town of Enfield
Community Garden Videos
- Episode 1 - Planting Day
- Episode 2 - All about Composting
- Episode 3 - Warm Season Plants
- Episode 4 - Organic Gardening Principles
- Episode 5 - Soil Fertility and Preservation
- Episode 6 - Good Bugs Bad Bugs
- Episode 7 - Planting a Fall Garden
- Episode 8 - Managing Weeds, Pests, and Disease
- Episode 9 - Planting the Fall Garden