- Public Works
- Refuse & Resource Management
- Recycling Information
Curbside Single Stream Recycling
Recyclables placed in blue tipper barrels provided by the town are collected biweekly on the same day as trash collection. Place recycling tipper at the curb by 6:00 a.m.
The following items are recyclable and may all be placed together in the blue recycling tipper.:
- Glass containers from food and beverage, rinsed free of residue with the caps and lids removed and discarded. Please no broken containers.
- Aluminum cans from food and beverage, foils and tins rinsed free of residue.
- Plastic containers including plastic bottles (with or without caps attached), plastic tubs & lids, plastic one-use cups (no lids, no straws).
- Paper products including newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mixed paper, junk mail, computer printed paper and paper products such as cereal boxes, pizza boxes that are not contaminated with food and/or grease, cardboard egg cartons, juice boxes, milk cartons, shoe boxes, gift boxes are all recyclable. Please remove any plastic or wax paper liners from food boxes. All cardboard should be flattened and no larger than 2 by 2 or 3 feet. Please remember to break down boxes, flatten them out and put in the blue recycyling tipper barrel (not the gray barrel).
- Telephone books (New!)
The following items are not recyclable and should be disposed of with the household trash:
- Plastic bags interfere with the recycling equipment and should not be placed in the blue tipper barrel. This includes:
- Grocery bags
- Newspaper sleeves
- Paper towel / toilet paper over wrap
- Produce bags, dry cleaning bags
- Zip lock bags
- Styrofoam and other foam products
- Toys, coat hangers, flower pots, pots and pans, cookie sheets, small appliances
- Pizza boxes that are contaminated with food and/or grease, paper plates, plastic forks, knives and spoons, take-out food containers and plastic coated plates
- Window glass, light bulbs, mirrors, and medicine bottles
- Motor oil, antifreeze and window washer containers