Regular Trash Collection
Search for your Refuse Collection Day:
We look forward to serving you! If you have any questions, please call the Solid Waste Division at 860-763-7527.
Curbside trash collection takes place once each week, Monday through Thursday. Recycling collection is biweekly. Review the trash collection schedule (PDF).
Residents are required to use gray tipper barrel(s) to dispose of their weekly trash.
The town will not pick up trash unless it is in an approved gray tipper barrel(s). Tippers not sold by the Town must be clearly labeled Trash or Yard Waste. Any Trash Bags on the outside of the gray tipper barrel(s) will not be picked up except on the collection days immediately following these holidays: New Years Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas. For example, if the holiday falls on Thursday, additional bags outside of the tipper will be picked up on Friday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday following that holiday. Up to four (4) additional bags outside of the tipper barrel are allowed and bags should only contain overflow household refuse generated during the holiday. (Food Scraps, Waste Paper, etc.)
Residents must place tipper barrels at the curbside by 6:00 a.m. on the day of the scheduled collection. They should not be placed at curbside any sooner than two hours prior to sunset on the day preceding a scheduled collection. Empty containers should be removed from the curbside before 8 a.m. the day after collection.
To accommodate our new one arm automated trucks, Tippers should have a three foot space on each side for the automated truck arms to pick up the tipper barrel. Residents are reminded not to place their trash and recycling in areas that are obstructed by parked vehicles, telephone poles, street signs, etc. Tipper Barrels placed on top of snow banks present an extreme hazard for collectors.
Purchasing Tipper Barrels
Tipper barrels can be purchased at the Public Works Department, 40 Moody Road from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Note that payment must be cash or check. Tipper barrels may be delivered after receipt of payment.
Two tires without rims can be picked up on your trash day in your tipper barrel.
Christmas Tree Recycling
The Town of Enfield Public Works Department will be picking up Christmas trees (weather permitting) on Friday, January 8, 2021, and Friday, January 15, 2021, according to the following rules and schedule: No artificial trees will be collected. Trees must be free of tinsel, ornaments and stands. Trees placed out at the curb in plastic bags cannot be collected. Residents with Monday or Tuesday rubbish pick up will have their trees picked up on Friday, January 8, 2021. Residents with Wednesday or Thursday rubbish pick up will have their trees picked up on Friday, January 15, 2021. We encourage all residents to bring their Christmas trees to the Transfer Station at 77 Town Farm Road, at no charge. The Transfer Station hours are Tuesday through Friday 8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (note that the Transfer Station is closed on January 1 and January 18).
- Yard waste (please see link on left for yard waste disposal information)
- Materials from excavation, construction or destruction of buildings such as earth, plaster, mortar, bricks, roofing materials, trees, or tree stumps over 6 inches in diameter.
- Biological wastes, medical waste, and unprotected syringes.
- Junkyard waste such as auto parts, tires with rims, oils and fuels.
- Acids, poisons, drugs and explosives.
- Furniture or other bulky items.
For details on how to dispose of ammunition, contact the Enfield Police Department.
For proper disposal of flags, you may place in the bin located behind American Legion, 566 Enfield Street.
Holidays for 2021
Trash collection will be delayed one day for each of the days following a holiday (i.e. if the holiday is on a Monday, each day during that week will be delayed one day; if the holiday is on a Wednesday, Monday and Tuesday will remain the same but Wednesday and Thursday will be delayed one day). Following is a list of the holidays:
- New Years Day - Friday, January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 18
- Lincoln’s Birthday - Friday, February 12
- President’s Day (Washington’s Birthday) - Monday, February 15
- Good Friday - Friday, April 2
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 31
- Independence Day - Monday, July 5
- Labor Day - Monday, September 6
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 11
- Veteran’s Day - Thursday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 25
- Christmas - Friday, December 24