Use of Town Seal
Permission to Use
No portion (text or graphics) of the Town of Enfield (TOE) Website may be reproduced for sale.
Reproduction of Town Seal
Please be advised that permission is required to reproduce the Town Seal of Enfield under Section 7-101 of the Connecticut General Statutes:
- Sec. 7-101. Town seal. Each town shall provide itself with a seal with the name of the town and the state... The town clerk shall have custody of such seal.
Use of Town Seal Policy & Procedure
Pursuant to Sec 7-101 of the CT General Statutes the Town Clerk is the custodian of the Town Seal. Accordingly, the following policy and procedure is hereby established for use of the Town Seal.
Use of the Town Seal is restricted to official town business. Examples of accepted use include, but are not limited to:
- Certified Copies
- Proclamations / Awards
- Town Contracts
- Letterhead / Envelopes
- Town Website Logo
- Town-Sponsored Clothing or Memorabilia
- Key rings
- Town-Owned Equipment
- Decals on Town Vehicles
The Town Seal may not be used by private companies or organizations.
Town Seal Use Procedure
In order to ensure proper use of the Town Seal, the following procedure is required:
- All requests for use of the Town Seal must be submitted in writing to the Town Clerk for review. The request should detail the proposed use of the Town Seal along with a copy of the image to be used. If the image is to be used electronically, the disclaimer that is posted on the Town of Enfield web site, as may from time to time be revised, should be included in the image. (The present disclaimer reads: "Use of the Town Seal is prohibited without the express written permission of the Town Clerk.")
- Upon review of the request by the Town Clerk, a decision indicating approval or denial will be forwarded to the requester within 10 business days after the request has been received. Letters of request along with the decision will be kept on file in the Town Clerk's office.
- To request permission to reproduce the "Enfield Town seal", please email the Town Clerk or write to:
Town of Enfield Town Clerk
820 Enfield St.
Enfield, CT 06082-2997
The information contained in this website is dynamic and will change over time. These data and related graphics are not legal documents, and are not intended to be used as such. If you wish to verify any information contained on this site, call the appropriate TOE section listed in the telephone directory.
Neither the TOE nor any of its employees make any warranty or assume legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the data described and/or contained within this web site and shall not be held liable for improper or incorrect use. It is the responsibility of the data user to use the data appropriately and consistent with these limitations.
- The TOE can add links to official government websites, quasi-government agency sites, and sites created by public-private partnerships.
- The TOE website may provide links to certain non-governmental websites for the convenience and information of its visitors. Such links are provided as a public service only. Links to a non-governmental site may be made when the site provides town information or services in a way not available on the town site. Such links may also be made when the site offers community-level information or services complementary to information and services on the town website.
- The TOE is not responsible for the contents or accuracy of information contained on any files referenced through links which do not reside on the TOE server.
- The TOE is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
The town will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias, or discrimination. Furthermore, the town reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with the TOE website mission or policies.
Any references herein to any organizations, specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise do not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by the TOE.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The TOE's programs and services are offered without regard to:
- National origin