Enfield Culture and Arts Commission
The Enfield Culture and Arts Commission meets on the second Tuesday of every month.
The commission shall consist of seven resident electors, who shall serve for two-year overlapping terms, which commence on June 1 of the year of their appointment; two town council member liaisons; and, one town staff member liaison. Members of the commission shall be appointed by the town council and shall be selected from a broad cross-section of the residential and business community so as to create a diverse body of members who are interested in the aims and purposes of this commission.
The purpose of the commission shall be to plan, produce, coordinate, or otherwise provide assistance to sponsors of events or activities and to encourage participation therein, which promote or develop the artistic, historic, cultural and heritage resources of and within the community of Enfield.
All meetings are held at the Enfield Central Library and begin at 6:30.
- March 10, 2020
- April 14, 2020
- May 12, 2020
- June 9, 2020
Enfield Town Poet Laureate
The Enfield Culture and Arts Commission is excited to announce that Town Council approved the honorary position of Town Poet Laureate. To apply, please submit the following electronically to Jason Neely, Director of Libraries, at email@example.com or in hard copy to the Central Library, 104 Middle Rd.
- One (1) page narrative. Express your interest in and commitment to this role, note past Enfield or Connecticut poetry activities, and indicate why NOW is the appropriate time for you to serve as the Town’s Poet Laureate.
- Resume - list published works, public readings, awards, honors and other recognition. Include links to website(s), YouTube and/or Vimeo files, etc.
- Two (2) additional Letters of Support.
- Work sample of no more than ten (10) poems. The total work sample may not exceed 15 continuously numbered pages (8 ½” x 11” and no smaller than 12 point type). Please provide copyright information where appropriate.
- Mini Grant Program - The Enfield Culture & Arts Commission Mini Grant Program was created in 2017 to encourage and support local initiatives that promote the arts and culture in Enfield. Funding is available for individuals and organizations that effectively propose initiatives, productions, projects, and/or events that ECAC determines to be most appropriate and timely. The Commission’s intent is to award grants of up to $500 on a rolling basis throughout the year.